Can you believe we are in February already? Crazy! This weekend has been Lunar New Year here in Korea (also known as Chinese New Year) and so I feel it is still an appropriate time to list my New Year’s Resolutions. They may be a bit delayed in Western time, but in this country I’m right on time!
So what am I hoping to get done this year?
I have decided to cut these down to quarterly goals to hopefully alleviate some of the stress I place on myself. I love having goals but as Gavin says, it is important to make them realistic and achievable, and also only for the short term. That way, you can constantly check on your progress and keep revising them and moving forward.
So, my plans for the first quarter of 2014 are as follows:
- Post at least 4 times a week on here 🙂
- Get my candles business fully automated
- Guest post on other blogs regularly
- Commit to pilates classes 3 times a week (very important!)
- Read one book a month
- Go to Korean lessons once a week & listen to lessons online
- Volunteer at a charity (I’m thinking an animal shelter)
Phew! That’s a lot to do but at the same time they are also achievable. Plus, I like setting the bar high – it gives me something to strive for!
I will be checking in on the 1st of April to see how I’ve gone. That’s the good thing about making these public, now I actually really have to stick to them!
What are your plans for New Year’s? I hope you all had a great January, and Happy Lunar New Year! 🙂