Hello! My name is Steph, welcome to my blog. Here is a photo of me in my usual attire:
What’s my story?
I am a Melbourne girl currently living in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Before this, I was in South Korea, teaching English to some incredibly cute (and cheeky!) munchkins 5 days a week. I am a bit of a thinker, and had ummed and ahhed about different things to do with my life without settling on what I thought was the perfect and ‘right’ job. I am a really passionate person, but I started to feel numb and disengaged from life, which was worrying (although I didn’t really see it at the time).
After a bit of an emotional breakdown somewhere around my 25th birthday, I stopped caring about what I ‘should’ be doing and just started doing what I wanted to do. I started a candle business (which many people thought was crazy) and then moved across the world, away from everything and everyone I knew, to see what I could do by myself. Funnily enough, I am a lot happier now!
Here are some things I like:
- Eating in silence (only half kidding on that one folks!)
- Watching The Shark Tank with my boyfriend Gavin
- Reading a good book at home in my pyjamas and eating questionable things with no one around to judge
- Friends! (I promise I have some)
- Buying (and occasionally using) Korean cosmetics
- Arranging surprise gifts and birthday parties for my loved ones
- Playing with my kindergarten students, listening to their wacky stories and hearing them laugh <3
- Muesli, yoghurt and banana – breakfast of champions
- Ppyodagwi Hae jang guk (Korean pork spine stew)… so yum!
- Iced mochas
- Flowers (although all of mine seem to die, *sob*)
- Cute socks
- Skiing! And snow in general (particularly covert snowfights)
This is my place to share with the world those things which make me happy. I am currently living in Guri, Korea and finding my way as I go. I have taken a million photos and videos, so this blog will be very ~postmodern~ and full of ~multimedia~… I hope you enjoy 🙂