So, I have yet to make any 2010 resolutions. This is due to my belief that goal-setting should occur the whole year round and not purely because it’s a new year. However, I do feel like this year is a fresh slate, and I am ready for a change. After changing my hair colour two days ago (from strawberry blonde highlights to a deep auburn/brown all-over colour), I am itching to change more things in my life. Enter my January 8th Resolutions.
As I am writing this, I still have not decided on any particular resolution. I have general goals and ideas, but no specific impetus for this post. I felt that it would be a good idea to make myself list my goals on my blog, to make it public, concrete and to put some pressure on myself to achieve them. You are now witnessing history in the making!
Without further ado, this year I want to:
- Take at least 3 international holidays
- Create a successful online business selling clothes and accessories
- Write a novel
- Publish said novel
- Gain work experience in the journalism field
- Take singing lessons
- Continue my weekly dance classes
- Maintain this blog
- Maintain my work book club
- Gain paid work as a writer/journalist
- Design ethical clothing
- Write a full song
- Create a stationary company
- Walk on the beach at least 3 times per week
- Take up yoga once a week
I think that’s it for now, but do expect more to come. I will keep you posted on my progress, and will regularly reassess my position depending on how I’m tracking. How exciting! I know I am a smart, capable woman, and I am intrigued by my own potential.
Here’s to a happy, healthy and prosperous 2010!